How to Fix a Car Dent or Scratch
After traveling from Forest Grove to Beaverton for a getaway weekend, you might notice small body damage on your car. Since it’s small, you might be wondering how to fix a small dent in a car or how to fix scratches on car to do it yourself! Read on to learn more on how to fix a dent in a car or fix scratches on car with Tonkin Hillsboro Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM. Start learning how to fix dent in car or fix scratches on car with our instructions below to become a DIY pro!
How to Fix Scratches on Car
- Find out how deep the scratch is by running your fingernail across it.
- To avoid more damage, use a towel and soapy water to remove excess debris.
- Place tape over the scratch to not lose where it might be at.
- Spray the scratch and sandpaper with water. Use 5,000 grit sandpaper if the scratch is fine, but if it’s deep, use 3,000 grit paper instead.
- If you began to fix scratches on a car with 3,000 grit, start to use 5,000 grit to blend the area in.
- Utilize a microfiber towel, move in a swirl motion to add “fine” polish on the area. Use the microfiber towel to remove extra polish then lightly buff the area.
- Add wax and a protective layer to protect the clear coat and paint.
How to Fix Small Dent in a Car
Once you learn how to fix a dent in a car or how to fix a small dent in a car, it’ll help you with minor body damage in the future. Learn how to fix a dent in a car below:
- How to fix a small dent in a car: Suction cup. Order a suction cup dent puller from our parts department to pull the dent out.
- How to fix a dent in a car: Hair dryer and mallet. Remove the body panel from the vehicle, place the hairdryer over the area for several minutes. Use the mallet to push the dent back into its place.
Dent & Scratch Repair at Tonkin Hillsboro Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM!
Whether you learned how to fix a dent in a car or how to fix scratches on a car, contact our service department at Tonkin Hillsboro Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM near Aloha if you have questions! You can master at-home car care with the guidance of our expert team, get started today!
More From Tonkin Hillsboro Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the Jeep SUV lineup, where we delve into the details of each model to help you find the perfect vehicle for your adventures. Whether you’re an off-road enthusiast, a city navigator, or someone who cherishes luxury and comfort, Jeep has something for everyone. Let’s explore the Jeep SUV family,…
Embodying the adventurous soul that has long defined Jeep, the 2024 Grand Cherokee L elevates the experience with upscale refinement. Crafted for enthusiasts who desire the latest comforts and tech alongside Jeep’s renowned off-road prowess, this SUV strikes a perfect balance. It caters to exploration-loving families with its spacious three-row seating, accommodating up to seven…
In the realm of full-size pickup trucks, there are undeniably two dominant contenders: the Ford F-150 and the RAM 1500. While both trucks bring an impressive array of features and power to the table, it becomes apparent that one stands out as the ultimate champion – the all-new RAM 1500. In this all-encompassing examination, we…